Tuesday, November 23, 2010

X is for Xylophone; X is for Xanadu

X is for Xylophone:

Ava loves to play music she is a very musical little girl. She has rhythm, something that I don't possess or can normally even spell (thank you Spell check). She loves to play her keyboard and loves any sort of instrument, even xylophones! The one thing she hasn't really tried to do much of though is sing, the closest she comes is by making clicking sounds along to her favourite songs.

X is for Xanadu:

The term Xanadu comes from the poem "Kubla Khan" by Samuel Coolridge, and means an exotic, luxurious place. That sounds like somewhere I'd like to go about now. How did it become winter? Isn't it supposed to be windy and rainy here in November? Not snowing, twice, a month before Christmas?!

Yes, I would love to be somewhere warm, tropical, exotic and luxurious right about now, lying on a beach somewhere sipping a drink with an umbrella in it and spending a few days without a care. Haha, who am I kidding, I can't take the heat, so I stay out of the sun. Can't take the cold so I stay out of the snow. I guess my kind of Xanadu is somewhere that doesn't get too hot or too cold, but somewhere exotic and luxurious....hmmm sounds like a nice posh hotel room to me, with room service ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment