Thursday, July 22, 2010

H is for Helping; H is for Hair



H is for Helping:

Ava loves to "help" Mommy. If I'm sweeping the floors, she likes to push the Swiffer around. If I'm loading or unloading the dishwasher, she likes to play with the dishwasher and I hand her the cutlery that is hers to load into the cutlery rack. If I'm sorting the laundry she likes to take the laundry out of the basket or put it back in the dryer after its already been dried. These little bits of help are so sweet, sometimes they make for more work, but its the thought that counts ;)

H is for Hair:

I have always had a love hate relationship with my long straight hair. If I get bored it usually means its time for a haircut or a new hair colour. My first experience with dying my hair was with Henna, I was in middle school and it was something new and relatively safe to try, I liked it. Then I moved on to Castings, then when I got older and more sophisticated I went to the salon to get my hair coloured. I usually stick with a red shade, but I did try blonde the summer after Ava was born. It looked good, but after looking back at pics from when it was growing out it didn't look quite as good as it once did. These days I'm back to reddy brown and from a box, maybe I'll go back to the salon the next time.

My biggest struggle is bangs, I hate that my forehead is too big and that I need these pesky things to cover them up. It seems like too much maintenance to go to the salon every couple of weeks for a trim, so I either attempt to cut them myself which has always been a bit scary or I attempt to let them grow out and put barrettes (these days Ava's little girl barrettes) or elastics to pull them back. I broke down the other day and pulled out the scissors again, I don't mind them so much at the moment, but I'm sure that will change again, just give me a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment