Monday, September 13, 2010

N is for Naps; N is for Nights Off


N is for Naps:

Ava has changed nap times on me again...

For awhile she was really good and would fall asleep almost like clock work at 1:30pm and sleep until 3:30 which was great on the nights that I work and it was great for developing a schedule of sorts. Then we went away and she didn't nap at her normal times or for the full length of her usual nap times either. The last two weeks Derek was working mornings so she was usually pretty excited when Daddy would get home right around nap time, then again so was I, so for those weeks we were lucky if we got any nap time in. Now that Daddy is back to working his regular schedule, at least for the next couple of weeks I thought I'd try to get her back on schedule, did it happen? Uh, uh! At least I'm not working tonight so its not a big deal, but today my little one fell asleep around 3pm with a full ice cream cone tummy :) Hopefully tomorrow nap time will be around 1:30 especially after I try to tire her out at Teeter Tots :)

N is for Nights Off:

It wasn't until I had to start working evening shifts again that I realized how much I had taken for granted having evenings to myself/ourselves. Nights off are great, you get to eat a real dinner, watch tv, do bath times and try to get everyone to bed at a reasonable time. Working evenings is great because I don't have to worry about someone else watching Ava and I get to spend all my free time with her, but its really taken a toll on my TV viewing! With the new fall season about to start I find that I'm just not that excited about it since I won't really get to watch my favourite shows on a regular basis. I can hope for a night here or there to watch and I can catch up via the DVR and on line, but its not the same as watching it when every one else is.

Nights off are also nice because it means time to spend as a family, maybe a walk here or there and a dinner prepared especially for Derek or Ava. Mostly they are nice because we're not in a hurry to get anywhere we can just do as we please. Those are a couple of things I enjoy most about having a night off, what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment