Monday, September 6, 2010

M is for Mom-mee; M is for My favourite time of year


M is for Mom-mee:

Mom-mee seems to be Ava's favourite word these days, sometimes she'll go on for over 5 minutes just saying Mommy, Mommy, Mommy! It's so funny! She also loves to say Dad-dee as well as A-boom!, All Done, Hey Dude, Oh Man, Hi, Hey, letters of the alphabet, she can count to ten! I'm so happy with how she's finally begun to blossom with her vocabulary. It's really true that they learn at their own pace and if they aren't ready they will be with time. I think that once she started to learn a bit of sign language and was able to communicate with us, she realized that things were much more fun when you could talk and let people know what you wanted. I love the way she counts to ten, its the cutest thing ever "Un, Tooo, Twee, Urr, Bop (lol), syx, svn, eet, nyne, tenn" its so cute!



M is for My Favourite time of the year:

I love fall! I love the cozy sweaters, the rainy days after a summer of too much heat, the good nights of TV (though working 3-4 nights a week sort of kills regular TV watching for me), new clothes and the feeling of starting over that comes with years of back to school. Though my school years are behind me, I've always loved that feeling that going back to school would give me, a sense of new beginnings and excitement for things to come. This fall I've signed Ava up for Teeter Tots (lots of fun gym time) and I'm planning on taking her to Strong Start (a program for pre-kindergarten's) at the elementary school that she one day may attend.

Other things that make this My favourite time of the year are Thanksgiving, Halloween and of course my birthday! I celebrate my birthday in November, and since I was born have shared it with my sister (I was born two days before her 7th birthday) and now my brother in law, who was born two days after my sister! That week is a very busy but fun week for the 3 of us.

We are planning on taking a vacation to Seattle this fall as well, but are still just in the early stages of planning. We'd love to take Ava to the Zoo, Aquarium, Experience Music Project, Space Needle, and maybe a bit of shopping in there for us as well. So there you have it, a few reasons why this is my favourite time of the year! Happy Labour Day, hope your fall is as good as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment