Monday, September 27, 2010

P is for Please and Pictures; P is for Peaceful Mornings


P is for Please and Pictures:

Ava is getting very good about saying please when she wants things :) "Two more chocolates, pleeese"; "Up, Pleeese"; "Hep Me, Pleeese" Its really adorable, especially when its things she really doesn't need, but she just sounds so sweet and polite that it's sometimes hard to turn down her requests.

Yesterday we were finally able to get the outdoor family photos done that I've been wanting to do for the past year! After many failed attempts the stars aligned and we went out to the Filberg with Shawna from A Thousand Words Photography and spent a wonderful hour climbing statues, jumping near the shore and throwing leaves about. It was a wonderful hour for our little family in a weekend filled with working. We've had photos taken of Ava before by Shawna for the Cutest Kids of the Comox Valley photo contest, and they were great, even though our little bug was rather shy, so I'm really excited to see what these ones will look like!

P is for Peaceful Mornings:

I have a feeling I will have a few of those this week. With Derek working mornings again, he is up and off to work around 4, which makes for a broken sleep for me. If I was smart I would just roll over and go back to sleep, but since I'm not the world's best sleeper, I find it easier to just get up if I can't go back to sleep after an hour and a half of trying. So this morning I experienced something I haven't in quite some time....peace :)

I got up around 5:45 and got to watch the Desperate Housewives that Derek PVR'd for me last night, and I got to watch the whole show, uninterrupted! It was amazing ;) Then when I noticed Ava starting to stir in her crib, I experienced a whole other level of peace, the peace you feel when you hold your little one in your arms while they fall back to sleep on you and the world feels like all is well.

Even though I wouldn't mind going back to bed now, I have got to admit I started my Monday off on a great note!

No comments:

Post a Comment