Tuesday, October 26, 2010

T is for Talking and Teeter Tots; T is for Tired

T is for Talking:

It's amazing how much Ava can talk now, and how many words she can say. It was like the whole time she was just observing and absorbing everything we were saying and then one day she woke up and decided she was ready to start talking. She says some of the sweetest things now too, her latest things are "Mommy I miss you" when I have to go to work, and its so sweet because she says it as she put those little arms around my neck and holds on tight. We went out for lunch with my Dad yesterday for his birthday and every couple of minutes Ava would say "Hi Grampa, oh Hi Grampa" and she kept saying it until he'd say "Hi Ava!" it was too cute, and funny. Last night when she was supposed to be going to sleep she was telling me about Super Bunnies, not sure what Super Bunnies are but maybe I'm supposed to write a book or tell her a story about Super Bunnies :)

T is for Teeter Tots:

Tuesdays mornings is time for Teeter Tots! Ava loves Teeter Tots and has so much fun at the gym. It's a great way to get her out and around other little kids and its nice to see some of my favourite Mom friends (Dese) and catch up on what's new. We were running a little behind this morning since Ava didn't wake up until 9:45 when we would normally be running out the door. We did manage to have some fun times in the foam pit though, and Ava watched as a Dad tossed his boys around in the foam pit. She is getting really good with the routine of circle/song time at the end of class and then going to the stroller to get ready to go at the end of the session. It makes for a much happier time for everyone!





T is for Tired:

I'm a tired Mommy today, last night I had a restless sleep and tossed and turned a lot. Ava woke up around 4:30 and cried out a bit, but when I went in to check on her she had rolled over onto her tummy so I just stroked her back a bit and when it was safe went back to bed. I have a long week ahead of me with 4 nights and a full day shift ahead of me so I am anxiously awaiting Halloween so we can have the day off together. We are both burnt out from our jobs taking up so much of our time lately, so our vacation can't get here fast enough!

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear Ava is starting to talk up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, this is how I find out that I am one of your favorite Mom friends, huh? ;) Thanks Merr! You have always been one of my close Mom friends Glad you are enjoying Ava so much, she is a delight :)

    ReplyDelete