Tuesday, June 29, 2010

E is for Ears; E is for Errands


E is for Ears:

Ava is 2 years and 2 months old, she says some words but not as many as she "should" at her age so at her 2 year check up in April the Dr suggested that maybe she had a blockage in her ears. After a big struggle and many tears the Dr looked and sure enough her ears were rather red, so she put her on some antibiotics to see if she could clear them up but it didn't work, so after trying a different type of antibiotics and no change she decided that she should see the ENT (Ears, nose and throat Dr).

Meanwhile she was sent for a hearing screening which we had done last week, it was another case of kicking and screaming which I really don't blame her for. She was put into a small dark room where voices would come onto the speakers, and little flashes of things would pop up, if I was 2 I might be scared as well. So
after a stressful session we found out her hearing is "grossly normal."

Now we have to wait until August 4th to see the ENT and find out what they have to say, here's hoping for the least traumatic solution for someone who's ears hear perfectly well.

E is for Errands:

I used to enjoy going shopping and running errands, but that was before I had a two year old! I didn't realize going from place to place would be so difficult with a whiny impatient little one. I don't blame her its not fun doing stuff that is mundane like paying bills or dropping off books but they are things that need to be done. When Ava was a baby people used to be so happy to help because she was a baby and just sat there patiently looking so sweet. Now she's 2 and I feel like I'm one of those mother's who gets shunned because I'm out with my energetic little girl who doesn't have time for waiting in a line. I must say she was pretty good today, I brought along a little Dora colouring book and then bought her a treat at the end of the errands so I only had to deal with an eensy bit of complaints, but even that tiny bit made me cringe.

A friend of mine told me that it does get better, but you just have to lower your expectations, I think that's a good piece of advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment