Monday, August 16, 2010

J is for Jeans; J is for Just Being Me


J is for Jeans:

Ava has so many pairs of jeans, plain ones, fancy ones, light ones, coloured ones and even skinny jeans. During the winter months they are a staple in her wardrobe, but these days she's happiest in a diaper and nothing more. We even found a pair for $1 a couple of weeks ago at Walmart, so we made sure to pick up a couple of those pairs.

One of my favourite pairs of jeans on her, was a pair of hand me downs from her cousin Maija, they had an apple on the knee and were adorable. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather to come in a couple of months so I can dress my girl up in jeans and cute shirts! But for now the most I'll be able to get on her is a pair of sunglasses.

J is for Just Being Me:

I've always been influenced by what my friends are doing, if one friend was getting married, I wanted to get married. If one friend was buying a house I wanted to buy a house, and of course if one friend was having a baby, I wanted to have a baby. To me the grass always seemed greener on the other side.

I was really lucky growing up and got to go on lots of vacations, had lots of Barbies and never felt like I was lacking in anything. It wasn't until I became and an adult and had to do things on my own that I started wanting what others had. Derek is a saint and puts up with me and my constant changing wants and needs, though I must admit I have had to learn that I can't have everything I want, all the time. I have to earn it, which I guess makes it better when I finally get what I want, it has also taught me patience.

In the past little while I have also started to discover more of what I really want in my life, opposed to what I think other people might want for me. In an earlier post I thought that I wanted another baby, but these days I'm happy with just Ava, and if it were just to be us three, I would be happy with that, if another little one entered our life I would be happy with that too. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm happy with what I have right now, in this moment, because right now is all that we are ever certain of, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Great post Merr! Completely agree.....right now is the only certainty we have! I love Marina in jeans also....she hated wearing them when she was younger though but luckily she outgrew that!

    ReplyDelete