Wednesday, August 25, 2010

K is for Kisses; K is for Kitties


K is for Kisses:

Ava is such a sweet and affectionate little girl these days, always giving us hugs and kisses. She likes her toys to kiss, and likes it when Mommy and Daddy give each other kisses too. She loves giving and getting kisses. Derek started a little game with her when she gets grumpy that usually sends the grouchies away, by giving her kisses and tickles. She always knows she'll get one of those right after she gets the other and loves the game. Most of the time she gives cheek kisses but sometimes she'll give you a kiss on the lips. Such a sweet little girl.

K is for Kitties:

Growing up we always had cats, at least 3, sometimes 4 cats at a time! They are and always have been my favourite animal. Giving love, and getting plenty in return. Sometimes they can be crabby and want to be left alone, other times they want lots of attention. I love that they are purrfectly happy left to their own devices and are not needy like dogs are. One of my favourite cats Morris used to sit by my side when I was little and if I was sick, he would vigilantly sit by my side guarding me to make sure I was okay. He was a good cat and lived a good long life. Another one of our cats, Casey knew how to use the toilet and to play pool, Morris was his mentor and he adored him. Though both cats are now gone, they will forever remain in my heart and always be a big part of my childhood.

There is only one cat left at Mom and Dad's, Fisher and he is a wonderful kitty. Ava loves him and giggles away at his tail and everything he does. He is a bit leery of my adorable shrieking little girl, but has grown accustomed to her. The other day they napped together on the bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment