Monday, August 30, 2010

L is for Lion; L is for Loving Life


L is for Lion:

Last year our sweet little Ava was a Lion for Halloween, she was adorable and excited to be trick or treating. Ava's first Halloween she was a Bumblebee, very fitting since her nickname before she was born was Baby B. This year we decided to go back to the insect route and she will be a beautiful pink butterfly :) We bought her costume this weekend on our wonderful weekend getaway to the big city, I tried it on her and it fits pretty well, lets hope two months of growth won't change that :)






L is for Loving Life:

Life has been very good to us this summer, with lots of weekend getaways with family, and a few lazy relaxing weekends in there as well. Here's a few things I loved about life this summer:

-Big family gatherings: My sister' wedding at the the end of July and my nephew Kieran's 1st birthday party this past weekend in Maple Ridge provided loads of family time for Ava to visit with her cousins and for my parents to have all their kids together at one time :)

-Mini vacations: This weekend we went away to the "Big City" which although fun made me realize that I love our sleepy little town. I feel at home and much more relaxed in a small town than I do in the big city. Although I did love riding the sky train and I think Ava had fun too :) We are hoping to take another mini holiday in a couple of months, whenever we can get some much needed vacation time off for Derek.

-Quality Family Time: We had a few wonderful days here and there through out the summer where we spent the days just the three of us. One day we went to Campbell River and just got out of the Valley and explored. I love going for walks with my daughter and my husband. Seeing the joy on her face as she carefully runs outside, exploring the parks or throwing rocks in the water, I can tell she longs to be outside more often.

-On line shopping: Taking a bit of a departure here and one of the things I love is the ability to shop my favourite stores on line, especially if there isn't a store nearby, that's why I was so excited when I found out that Old Navy, now ships within in Canada! Love the clothes, and if its a clearance item even better, means I can buy that much more for Ava!

Finally, something a little sinful and decadent for my love list-Island Farms Butter Ripple Ice Cream with Chocolate sauce on top. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment